State Data Centre (SDC) is one of the core infrastructure components to consolidate services, applications and infrastructure to provide efficient electronic delivery of G2G, G2C and G2B services under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). State Data Centre acts as a mediator and convergence point between open unsecured public domain and sensitive Government environment. It hosts all Government critical data, applications and websites. Manipur State Data Centre (MSDC) was set up in Ground Floor, West Block New Secretariat Building Imphal to act as a central repository of all data and applications/websites for the entire Government of Manipur. Manipur SDC has a capacity of 15 Terabytes of Storage.
M/s Reliance Communications and Infrastructure Limited (RCIL) is the Data Center Operator (DCO) and has undertaken the design, site preparation, supply, installation, operation and maintenance of physical and IT infrastructure of the Manipur State Data Centre (MSDC).
Implementation works viz. design, site preparation, supply, installation of physical & IT infrastructure and Final Acceptance Test (FAT) of the MSDC was also completed on 10th January, 2013. MSDC is now fully functional and operational.
Benefits of the Manipur SDC:
- Physical Security – Multiple layers of security along with surveillance mechanism.
- High Availability – Servers, Storage, Network and applications
- Central Repository for Departmental Applications/Data
- Data Security through Firewalls, IPS and Antivirus
- 24×7 monitoring of servers, Vendor support, for faster resolution
- Technical Support from SDC support team
- Data convergence and can be utilized as Disaster Recovery (DR) site.
Hosting Services available at the Manipur SDC:
For all Co-location and Shared Hosting Model necessary Redundant Power, Precision Air-conditioning, Firefighting controls (fire detection and suppression systems), Physical Access controls, 24×7 Monitoring Support would be provided by MSDC.
Shared hosting services: The user Department shares the server resources along with other users while the server is owned, maintained, administered by the Manipur SDC.
- The user Department/ organization shall procure all server hardware.
- The concerned department/ organization need to procure all necessary Operating system and Database licenses.
- Network and Security services consist of 2 options – (a). Use MSDC network and security services. (b). Provision own network and security services.
- Storage services: There are two options available (a). Use MSDC SAN storage. (b). Provision own SAN storage.
- Backup services: There are two options. (a) Use MSDC backup facility. (b) Provision own.
- Staging services facility for testing.
- Staging server would be accessible from Intranet (MSWAN).
Highlights of the Manipur SDC:
a. Status of Manipur SDC is:
i. SDC is fully operational & functional.
ii. Disaster Recovery (DR) site ready for SDC Manipur.
iii. ISO 270000 and ISO 27001 Certified.
iv. GST (Goods & Services Tax Network) is being facilitated from MSDC.
v. Till date, 12 websites and 4 applications are being hosted at Manipur SDC.
vi. NICNET services are hosted at co-location mode.
b. The contract for the Data Centre Operator (DCO), M/s RCIL was expired on 9th January, 2018. Government of Manipur has approved migration of all applications/websites presently hosting at the Manipur SDC to Cloud Platform.
c. Tender for selection of Cloud Service Provider (CSP) from the CSPs empanelled by Ministry of electronics & Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India was released on 11.04.2018. The tender process for selection of CSP is targeting to complete by May, 2018.
d. Further, a commercial Data Centre will be set up by using the existing floor space and infrastructure of Manipur SDC. Express of Interest (EOI) from interested bidder will be invited. Preparation EOI document is in final stage.